COURSE DESCRIPTION>This course will help students develop an understanding of the philosophy,
objectives and responsibilities of nursing as a profession. The purpose of the course is to
orient to the current concepts involved in the practice of nursing and developments in the
At the end of the course, the student will
1. Identify professional aspects of nursing
2. Explain theories of nursing
3. Identify ethical aspects of nursing profession.
4. Utilise steps of nursing process.
5. Identify the role of the nursing in various levels of health services.
6. Appreciate the significance of quality assurance in nursing
7. Explain current trends in health and nursing.